Penn AC Athlete Spotlight:
Q1: How did you discover rowing?
A: I discovered the sport of rowing going to my brother’s races and practice as a kid.
Q2: What made you want to row?
A: My brother passed away from a heart defect at a UNH rowing practice. After that I knew that once I was old enough I wanted to row.
Q3: What is your favorite thing about rowing?
Q4: Share a favorite memory.
A: Winning the 2012 New York State Championships in the Ithaca College varsity eight.
Q5: Why train at Penn AC?
A: You have to train with people your speed and faster.
Q6: Typical training day at Penn AC?
A: Meet at 7, sharpen steel with the guys, go home to work until 5, and then back to the mills.
Q7: Rowing background/accomplishments
- Great Bay Rowing
- Ithaca College
- Craftsbury Green Racing Project
- Penn AC
- 2014 U23 Team
- 2017 and 2018 Senior national teams
- Won the Prince of Wales Cup at the 2016 Henley Royal Regatta
- Won the Championship Double at the 2016 and 2017 Head of the Charles
- Won the quad at the 2015 Elite National Championships